Looking for the best road trip quotes? In this article, I’m going to walk you through my top picks for roadtrip quotes.
Being a lover of all things related to travel and inspiration, quotes are my jam! Some of my favorite travel memories are when we loaded up a car and took off on a roadtrip. I don’t know what it is but there is something so soothing about the open road.
To save you time, I’ve put together this epic list of road trip quotes to inspire you! Along with these quotes, I will also be sharing some of my favorite travel road trip experiences, spanning from crazy 2-week long tuk-tuk trips to driving campervans all around Europe.
If you like any of the images below, feel free to Pin them on Pinterest!
Best Quotes about Road Trips
(Click section to jump to it)
- Best Road Trip Quotes
- Funny Road Trip Quotes
- Short Road Trip Quotes
- Road Trip Captions
- Road Trip Quotes for Instagram
- Road Trip Quotes with Friends
Best Road Trip Quotes
Hands down one of our best travel experiences was when we spend 12 days driving around Iceland. Here we saw unparraleled beauty and were in a costant state of awe as we drove through incredible landscapes. There were days where we were surrounded by lush waterfalls, lava like fields covered in moss, all the way to snowy, white capped mountains.
Every day was so unique and diverse which made it honestly one of the best roadtrips that we’ve done. In this section of the article, I’m sharing a few of my favorite road trip quotes (in no particular order!)
1. “I can speak to my soul only when the two of us are off exploring deserts or cities or mountains or roads.” ― Paulo Coelho
2. “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” – Jack Kerouac
3. “If you make the mistake of looking back too much, you aren’t focused enough on the road in front of you.” – Brad Paisley
4. “Every journey is simultaneously a beginning and an ending: I was leaving my old life behind and starting on a road trip to find a new me.” – Debi Tolbert Duggar
5. “Always take the scenic route, you never know what adventures you will find.”– Unknown
6. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.” – Babs Hoffman
7. “One’s destination is never a place, but rather a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
8. “Map out your future – but do it in pencil. The road ahead is as long as you make it. Make it worth the trip.” – Jon Bon Jovi
9. “Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.” –Jerry Seinfeld
10. “If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.” – Lewis Carroll
11. “Look for chances to take the less-traveled roads. There are no wrong turns.” — Susan Magsamen
12. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” – David Mitchell
13. “Look for chances to take the less-traveled roads. There are no wrong turns.” — Susan Magsamen
14. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. “My life is full of mistakes. They’re like pebbles that make a good road.”– Unknown
16. “The open road is a beckoning, a strangeness, a place where a man can lose himself.” – William Least Heat Moon
17. “Nobody travels on the road to success without a puncture or two.” – Unknown
Funny Road Trip Quotes
One of the funniest and most unique road trips that we ever went on was when we spent almost 10 days driving around Sri Lanka on a tuk-tuk. If you don’t know what a tuk-tuk is, it is essentially a tricycle and is often used as a means of transporation all over Southeast Asia.
This trip was hands down one of the funniest things we’ve done. We did it as part of a group tour where all of us were competing against each other in mini-challenges (think knocking on a stranger’s door and asking them to show you how to cook a Sri Lankan curry). This was a roadtrip that really allowed us to see the beauty and culture of Sri Lanka!
So in line with this hilarious roadtrip that we did, here are a few funny road trip quotes to make you laugh.
18. “Road trips required a couple of things: a well-balanced diet of caffeine, salt and sugar and an excellent selection of tunes—oh, and directions.” – Jenn McKinlay
19. “The best part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination … it’s the fast food along the way…” – Unknown
20. “I get emotionally attached to the cars ahead of me on long road trips.” – Unknown
21. “People having babies and getting married…and I’m like: where am I road tripping to next?” – Unknown
22. “That’s why I love road trips, dude. It’s like doing something without actually doing anything.” – John Green
23. “You make me wanna roll my windows down and cruise.” — Florida Georgia Line, Cruise
24. “It doesn’t matter how old you get, buying snacks for a road trip should always look like an unsupervised 9-year-old was given $100.” – Unknown
We've scoured the internet for the best ALL-AROUND travel shoe and Tropicfeel wins by far. We've taken ours through rivers, jungles, and cities and they're still alive and kickin'. Check them out below.
Short Road Trip Quotes
Isn’t it funny how many road trips we go on as kids that are pretty uneventfull yet looking back at them now, you can’t help but smile? My family used to go on a lot of road trips. Once particularly memorable one was when we drove from San Francisco all the way to Vancouver.
Although the trip was insanely long (especially to a 9 year old child), I have so many fond memories of that trip! In this section of the article, I share some of my favorite picks for short quotes about road trips.
25. “Take the long way home.” – Unknown
26. “Happiness is a road trip with a good playlist.” – Unknown
27. “It is better to travel well than to arrive.” – Buddha
28. “Roads were made for journeys, not destinations.” – Confucius
29. “Hard roads require a will of steel” – Mehmet Murat ildan
30. “Making memories one road trip at a time.”– Unknown
31. “If you come to a fork in the road, take it.” – Yogi Berra
32. “It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.” – Unknown
33. “Road trips aren’t measured by mile markers, but by moments.” – Unknown
34. “The road must eventually lead to the whole world.” – Jack Kerouac
35. “No road is long with good company.” – Turkish Proverb
36. “Some roads aren’t meant to be traveled alone.” ― Chinese Proverb
Road Trip Captions
Another epic road trip we did was when we took on the North Coast 500 in Scotland. Again, not really knowing what to expect, we rented a campervan and just drove for days. It was during this time where I had so many photos to share- but just couldn’t come up with the appropriate caption to really express how I felt!
In this section, I walk you through some fun road trip captions which you can use for your next post!
37. “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” -Martin Buber
38. “Sometimes the most scenic roads in life are the detours you didn’t mean to take.” – Angela N. Blount
39. “I take to the open road, healthy, free, the world before me.” – Walt Whitman
40. “I just go with the flow, I follow the yellow brick road. I don’t know where it’s going to lead me, but I follow it.” – Grace Jones
41. “Catch me cruisin’ by the sea.”
42. “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” – Erol Ozan
43. “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.” – Douglas Adams
44. “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by.” – Robert Frost
45. “I’m always THAT person who asks, ‘Are we there yet?’” – Unknown
46. “Look at life through the windshield, not the rearview mirror.” — Byrd Baggett
47. “I’ve got sunshine on my mind.”
48. “It doesn’t matter where you’re going. It’s who you have beside you.”
49. “Hey GPS, let’s take the scenic route today.”
50. “You know you’ve found the perfect partner when they trust you to be DJ in the car.”
51. “I’m not lost. I’m just exploring.”
52. “We’re almost there, but nowhere near it. All that matters is that we’re going.” — Gilmore Girls
Road Trip Quotes for Instagram
Ironically, I get a ton of my road trip inspiration from Instagram. When we are in a new country, I sometimes just browse a couple of hashtags and take a look at interesting sceneries and nearby scenic points which we can drive through.
If you’re looking for a few road trip quotes for Instagram, check out this section!
53. “I climb behind the steering wheel… I drive off immediately without once looking back; it’s a long journey but it leads to freedom.” – Corinne Hofmann
54. “The pleasure we derive from journeys is perhaps dependent more on the mindset with which we travel than on the destination we travel to.” – Alain de Botton
55. “When all’s said and done, all roads lead to the same end. So it’s not so much which road you take, as how you take it.” – Charles de Lint
56. “I’m on the road constantly. I’m a nomad. I don’t really have a home right now. I don’t identify with one place in particular.” – Daya
57. “A passenger on a road journey is in the hands of a driver; a reader embarking on a book is in the hands of a narrator.” – Romesh Gunesekera
58. “Wherever you get to is better than where you started. To stay on the road is a massive achievement.” – Anthony Joshua
59. “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief, and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!” – Bob Marley
60. “I love being on the road. I love that lifestyle, traveling city to city, rocking out and moving on to the next place.” – Caleb Johnson
61. When you go on a road trip, the trip itself becomes part of the story.” ― Steve Rushin
Road Trip Quotes with Friends
Let’s face it, while it is fun to drive on your own, a real road trip is best enjoyed with friends and family! When I used to live in the Philippines, some of my fondest road trip memories was when friends and I would load up in a car, pack our surf boards and drive to nearby surf towns.
Whether you’re going surfing, skiing, camping, or just driving for the sake of driving, here are a few incredibly fun quotes about road trips with friends.
62. “Sometimes all you need is a good friend and a full tank of gas – Unknown
63. “A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints.” -Wilfred Peterson
64. “When I’m on a road trip with friends I remember why I am on the journey I am on. It’s always about the adventure and the people.” – Unknown
65. “Because the greatest part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination. It’s all the wild stuff that happens along the way.” – Emma Chase
66. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
67. “Just grab a friend and take a ride, Together upon the open road” – A Goofy Movie
68. “You can pack for every occasion, but a good friend will always be the best thing you could bring.” – Unknown
69. “We all have that one friend who is either on a road-trip or planning a road-trip or thinking about a road-trip or talking to people who are on road-trip or posting quotes about road-trip.” – Crestless Wave
70. “A road trip is a way for the whole family to spend time together and annoy each other in interesting new places.” – Tom Lichtenheld
71. “Life is meant for good friends and great adventures.” – Unknown
There you have it! A collection of some of the best quotes about road trips. Hopefully, this article inspired you to spend more time outdoors, discovering the great unknown
If you’re looking for more inspiration, check out our list of other quotes.
- Best Mountain Quotes
- Best Adventure Quotes
- Best Travel Quotes
- Best Waterfall Quotes
- Best Solo Travel Quotes
- Best Outdoor Quotes
Inspired? Pin It!