If you’re looking for the best waterfall quotes, you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, I will walk you through some of the best quotes about waterfalls. I don’t know about you but for me, there is nothing more soothing than hiking to a nearby waterfalls and listening to the water flow down.
There is something incredibly mesmerising about them! Whether you’re gazing at a powerful waterfall or sitting by a gentle yet constant flow of water, there is nothing more relaxing! Being a full-time traveler, I’ve explored my fair share of waterfalls all over the world. From the jaw dropping Niagra Falls to obscure waterfalls in Europe and Southeast Asia.
Along with these inspiring waterfall quotes, I’m also going to be sharing with you some of my favorite waterfall encounters throughout my travels which will hopefully spark some wanderlust and inspiration.
If you like any of the images below, feel free to Pin them on Pinterest!
Best Waterfall Quotes
(Click section to jump to it)
- Best Waterfall Quotes
- Short Waterfall Quotes
- Waterfall Captions for Instagram
- Sayings About Waterfalls
- Nature Quotes About Waterfalls
✨The 1 Thing We Never Leave Home Without…✨
Coming from someone who has been traveling the world for the last 8 years AND has been in the hospital 2x, travel insurance is something everyone NEEDS to get. Get a quote below!
Best Waterfall Quotes
One of the most special waterfalls that I have ever had the pleasure of visiting was the famous Kwang Si Waterfalls in Laos. Popular for its many cascading layers, I remember chancing upon it with very few people that day. The group that I was traveling decided to hike to the very top where we had one empty pool, large enough for us to swim around.
It was honestly, one of the most magical travel experiences! In this section, I will walk you through some of my top picks for the best waterfall quotes out there!
1. “Waterfalls wouldn’t sound so melodious if there were no rocks in their way.”- Rishabh Gautam
2. “Many a calm river begins as a turbulent waterfall, yet none hurtles and foams all the way to the sea.” – Mikhail Lermontov
3. “Water is the most perfect traveller because when it travels it becomes the path itself!”― Mehmet Murat Ildan
4. “You don’t have the power to make rainbows or waterfalls, sunsets or roses, but you do have the power to bless people by your words and smiles. You carry within you the power to make the world better.” – Sharon G. Larsen
5. “Your love is like a waterfall, running wild and free.”- Chris Tomlin
6. “A waterfall cannot be silent, just as wisdom. When they speak, the voice of power speaks.”― Mehmet Murat Ildan
7. “You wonder why you can’t see me,
Sense me, feel me…?
When you are outpouring your emotion,
it is like me trying to climb up a waterfall
To get to you.
But if you are calm and have faith in me,
I can sail right over to you
On the still waters of your soul.”
― Kate McGahan“
8. Another way to look at meditation is to view the process of thinking itself as a waterfall, a continual cascading of thought. In cultivating mindfulness we are going beyond or behind our thinking, much the way you might find a vantage-point in a cave or depression in a rock behind a waterfall. We still see and hear the water, but we are out of the torrent.”― Jon Kabat-Zinn
9. “No matter how powerful a waterfall is, it cannot be heard from far away because all waterfalls are local! If you want the whole world to hear you, take a universal position where all can see you, just like the Moon, just like the Sun!”―
10. “There’s no better place to find yourself than sitting by a waterfall and listening to its music” ― Roland R Kemler
Short Waterfall Quotes
Another fantastic waterfall that I visited was the falls at Plitvitice National Park in Croatia. Although touristy, these waterfalls are nothing short of magical. We went first thing in the morning and watched the sunrise from the park.
The entire place was perfectly quiet as we waited for the sun to come up. If you ever have a chance to go, it is one of the best waterfalls that I have ever visited. If you’re looking for short and snappy waterfall quotes, check out our handpicked list of short waterfall quotes to inspire you!
11. “Nature’s water slide.” – Unknown
12.“Water is the driving force of all nature.” – Leonardo da Vinci
13. “Not every paradise is tropical.” – Unknown
14.“I am like a waterfall, wild and free.” – Unknown
15.“I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.” – Unknown
16. “Life doesn’t flow backwards.” – Unknown
17. “Nature never goes out of style.” – Unknown
18. “There is a waterfall in every dream.” – Unknown
19. “Home is where the water is.” – Unknown
20. “When it rains, it pours.” – Unknown
21. “Water your roots so your soul can blossom” – Unknown
22. “The waterfall is nature’s laughter.” – Unknown
Waterfall Captions for Instagram
When I used to live in Thailand, I would hike up to the waterfalls in Doi Inthanon on almost a weekly basis. I would set out before the sun was up and would make my way through the jungle so that I could make it to the waterfalls as the sun comes up. The entire experience was almost meditative and was the perfect way to start my weekends.
Searching for the best Instagram caption for your waterfall photo? In this section of the article, I walk you through some of my top picks for waterfall captions. While some are more profound and in-depth, others are also hilarious and full of puns.
23.“Just let go – and fall like a little waterfall.” – Bob Ross
24. “Adopt the pace of nature.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
25. “When it rains, it pours.”– Unknown
26. “Go with the flow.”– Unknown
27. “There’s hope at the bottom of the biggest waterfall.” – Patrick Ness
28. “I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.” – Anne Frank
29. “Wild like me.” – Unknown
30. “The water is calling and I must go.” – Unknown
31. “I would caption this with a waterfall pun but thats too mainstream” – Unknown
33. “Hello, nature, I’ve really mist you”
34. Pleased to make your aqua-taince
35. “I keep on falling in and out of love with you”
36. “Water you doing later?”
37. “This view is gorges!”
38. “Tripping on skies, sipping on waterfalls.”– Unknown
39. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” — Confucius
40. “Sometimes, all you need is a change in scenery.”– Unknown
41. “We start in different places, but in the end, we all meet at the waterfall”– Unknown
42. “Just gushing with joy.”
43. “When it rains, it really pours.”
44. “Watery waiting for? Jump in!”
45. “Get lost in nature and you will find yourself.”– Unknown
Sayings About Waterfalls
Another really humbling and majestic experience was seeing the powerful waterfalls in Iceland. We spend almost 12 days driving around the entire Ring Road and was treated to a never ending plethora of waterfalls. Everywhere we went there were falls in different shapes and sizes, all so beautiful and serene.
While there aren’t necessarily a lot of time old traditions around waterfalls, there are a few old sayings about them.
46. “Get lost in nature and you will find yourself.” – Unknown
48. “Great things are over every fall and around every bend.”– Unknown
49. “Life is like a waterfall. It is always moving and there is always an uneven flow to it.” – Unknown
50. “When you’re young, there’s so much that you can’t take in. It’s pouring over you like a waterfall. When you’re older, it’s less intense, but you’re able to reach out and drink it. I love being older.” – Unknown
51. “There’s no better place to find yourself that sitting by a waterfall and listening to it’s music.” – Roland R Kemler
52. “I love the sounds and the power of pounding water, whether it is the waves or a waterfall.”- Mike May
53. “By the time we arrived, as evening was approaching, I felt as sore as a rock must feel when the waterfall has pounded on it all day long.”– Unknown
54. “Emerald slopes became so tall they touched the clouds, and showers painted diamond waterfalls that sluiced down cliff sides.” – Victoria Kahler
55. “Grace is finding a waterfall when you were only looking for a stream.”- Vanessa Hunt
56. “It is life, I think, to watch the water. A man can learn so many things.” – Nicholas Sparks
57. “A river cuts through a rock, not because of its power but because of its persistence.” – Jim Watkins
58. “When the moonlight and the waterfall come together, all other things fade from the scene!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
59. “There is a waterfall in every dream. Cool and crystal clear, it falls gently on the sleeper, cleansing the mind and soothing the soul.” –Virginia Alison
60. “I can see my rainbow calling me through the misty breeze of my waterfall.”— Jimi Hendrix
Nature Quotes About Waterfalls
Last but not least, to end this article, I want to share my experience visiting the infamous Niagra Falls. I was 9 years old at that time and although I can’t remember the specifics, I do remember being in awe of just the sheer magnitude of the falls.
The powerful sound of water cascading down, the cool mist that sprayed even when you were miles away. It was honestly such a humbling and beautiful experience that made me realize, that there was so much to see and discover in the world! Listed below are a few of the best nature quotes about waterfalls.
61. “There is a waterfall in every dream.” – Unknown
62. “The waterfall is nature’s laughter.” – Unknown
63. “Water is the perfect traveler because when it travels, it becomes the path itself!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
64. “Nature loves courage. You make the commitment and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up. ” – Unknown
65. “Adopt the pace of nature.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
66. “Do not feel sad for your tears as rocks never regret the waterfalls”― Munia Khan
67. “There is a waterfall in every dream. Cool and crystal clear, it falls gently on the sleeper, cleansing the mind and soothing the soul.”― Virginia Alison
68. “A waterfall happily and cheerfully flows in the nature; there is happiness only if there is freedom!”– Mehmet Murat ildan
69. “When the moonlight and the waterfall come together, all other things fade from the scene!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
There you have it! A collection of some of the best quotes about waterfalls.Hopefully, this article inspired you to spend more time around nature in the great outdoors.
If you’re looking for more inspiration, check out our list of other quotes.
- Best Mountain Quotes
- Best Adventure Quotes
- Best Travel Quotes
- Best Solo Travel Quotes
- Best Outdoor Quotes
- Best Hiking Quotes
Inspired? Pin It!