Looking for some inspiration? Here’s our collection of the best adventure travel quotes to inspire you. Because let’s face it, sometimes, when you get stuck in a rut, you need to read some adventure quotes to get you back up on your feet.
Since we’ve committed ourselves to a life of travel, we’ve discovered that no matter how low you are in life, travel has a way of turning things around. Personally, adventure quotes have a way of
It picks you up, brings back inspiration, and just makes you more thankful for the little things in life…like a hot shower and a cozy bed. So start reading, get inspired and start living the life you were meant to live.
While there are a ton of quotes to choose from, here are just a few of my favorite adventure quotes which have inspired me to live a life of travel and adventure.
Editor’s Note: Like these quotes? Hover over each photo and feel free to Pin them on Pinterest!
Top Adventure Quotes
(Click the section to jump to it)
Short Adventure Quotes
1.” Jobs fill your pockets, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jaime Lyn
2. “Life is a fatal adventure. It can only have one end. So why not make it as far-ranging and free as possible” -Thornton Wilder
3. “You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong.” – Sue Fitzmaurice
4.”Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an adventure” – Bob Bitchin
5. “Nothing adventured, nothing attained”- Peter Mcwilliams
6. I don’t want to not live because of my fear of what could happen.” -Laird Hamilton
7. “Spontaneity is the best kind of adventure”
I love these first adventure quotes because they serve as a great reminder that adventure is also a matter of perspective and outlook. I could continue to work for money and be financially rich which would ultimately mean nothing.
Speaking from experience, one of the reasons why I choose to live nomadically is because I want to live a life full of adventure. Sure, I could be earning 10x more compared to what I do now but would I really be happier? Every day, I wake up to a life full of spontaneity and I honestly wouldn’t have it any other way.
8. “Don’t die without embracing the daring adventure your life was meant to be.” – Steve Pavlina
9. “Nothing ventured, nothing gained. And venture belongs to the adventurous.” -Navjot Singh Sidhu
10. “We’re not home-and-hearth people. We’re the adventurers, the buccaneers, the blockade runners. Without challenge, we’re only alive.” -Alexander Elio
11. “Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming – WOW – What a Ride!”
12. “We are all functioning at a small fraction of our capacity to live life fully in its total meaning of loving, caring, creating, and adventuring.” -Herbert A. Otto
13. The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” -Thomas Alva Edison
14. “Life was meant for good friends and great adventures”
I particularly love this quote about travel with friends because often times, when the word adventure comes up, people immediately think of solo trekking or camping in the wild. However, traveling and experiencing things with friends is one of the best adventures out there as you have someone to share special moments with.
To say that traveling and adventuring with someone is the ultimate test is an understatement! True tests of friendship are when you can travel together for longer periods of time and still come back as friends!
15. “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
16. The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” -Henry David Thoreau
17. “Then one day, when you least expect it, the great adventure finds you.” – Ewan Mcgregor
I have been traveling non-stop for almost three years now and while it hasn’t always been rainbows and butterflies, it has also allowed me to follow my true passion and calling in life.
To write, to explore, and to inspire people along the way. I found my adventure in the oddest of places, deep in the sand dunes of Mu Nei, Vietnam when I met my partner Tom. Since then, it has been a rollercoaster ride of traversing through five continents and starting a business together.
Editor’s Note: If you’re loving these adventure quotes, we also have 100 of the best inspiring travel quotes for you!
18. “I don’t want to not live because of my fear of what could happen.”- Laird Hamilton
19. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
20. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” -Steve Jobs
Inspiring Adventure Quotes
21. “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” -Katharine Hepburn
22. “If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” -Thomas Alva Edison
23. Adventure Awaits, Go find it.”
24. “You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” -Rabindranath Tagore
25. “Every man can transform the world from one of the monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure” -H. Rider Haggar
26. “It is never too late to be who you might have been.” -George Eliot
27. “A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are built for.” -John G. Shed
28. “I like someone who embraces life; who wants to be on a long journey but has no particular plan or destination in mind. An adventurous man, open to the concept of living life in the moment.” -Jill Hennessy
29. “You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong.” -Sue Fitzmaurice
30. “Look, I really don’t want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you’re alive, you’ve got to flap your arms and legs, you’ve got to jump around a lot, you’ve got to make a lot of noise because life is the very opposite of death.” -Mel Brook
31. “Own only what you can carry with you; know language, know countries, know people. Let your memory be your travel bag.” -Alexander Solzhenits
32. “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
33. “Adventure is worthwhile in itself.”-Amelia Earhart
34. “One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.” -William Feather
35. “Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.” -Jacob Bronowski
36. “I am not an adventurer by choice but by fate.” -Vincent van Gogh
37. “Make your life a mission – not an intermission.” -Anonymous
38. “The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure.” -Joseph Campbell
39. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
My All-Time Favorite Quotes
40. “It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves — in finding themselves Andre Gide
41. “It’s time for a new adventure”
When first deciding to take the big leap to travel or pursue something different, the same types of questions and trepidation fill our minds. What if I fail? What if I get into an accident? What if I end up hating it? Let me tell you one thing.
Fear of the unknown is normal. It is perfectly normal to be scared, excited, and nervous all at the same time. As soon as you take the first big step, that is when you will be reminded that adventure is out there. That there are a million and one new things to see and discover and you are just getting started.
42. “The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.” -W.M. Lewis
43. “It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.” -Alan Cohen
44. Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S Eliot
45. “Adventures don’t come calling like unexpected cousins calling from out of town. You have to go looking for them.” – Unknown
46. “Adventure, without it, why live?” -Hortense Odlum
47. “The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.”
48. “Oh, the places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
49. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore” -Aristophanes
50. “Don’t die without embracing the daring adventure your life is meant to be.” -Steve Pavlina
51. “I feel very adventurous. There are so many doors to be opened, and I’m not afraid to look behind them.” -Elizabeth Taylor
52. “The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer.” -Jose Bergamin
53. “Adventure must be held in delicate fingers. It should be handled, not embraced. It should be sipped, not swallowed at a gulp.” -Barry Targan54. “Don’t die without embracing the daring adventure your life is meant to be.” -Steve Pavlina
55. “Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!” -Friedrich Nietzsche
56. “Fill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell not stuff to show.”
The quote fill your life with adventures, not things is one of my all-time favorite adventure quotes. This simply sums up what I try to do in my life. Currently, everything I own fits into one 12kg backpack. While this idea may seem crazy to some, it works for me. I can go wherever the wind takes me, I have no physical ties to any place, and I can decide to travel and live wherever I want to.
Despite my love for my nomadic lifestyle, I know that this isn’t for everyone. Some people can’t just pick up everything and go. But that is the beauty of travel. Whether you are going on a year-long trip or even just a two week holiday, every experience is worthwhile and is worth celebrating.
57.”One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.” – William Feather
A lot of my friends think I am crazy but I have honestly never been happier. I work, I travel, I meet amazing people, I get to immerse myself in different cultures and most of all, I grow. On a daily basis I challenge myself to learn new things, to broaden my perspective, and to experience a new way of life. This has ultimately shaped my view on the world and has helped me become a better person.
58. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step” -Lao Tzu
59. “Men of age object too much, consult too long, adventure too little, repent too soon, and seldom drive business home to the full period, but content themselves with a mediocrity of success.” -Dale Carnegie
60. “It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had” -St. Augustine
61. “To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” -J. K. Rowling
62. “I like someone who embraces life; who wants to be on a long journey but has no particular plan or destination in mind. An adventurous man, open to the concept of living life in the moment.” -Jill Hennessy
63. “Adventure isn’t hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day to day obstacles in life.” – John Amatt64. “The man who goes alone can start today, but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.” -Henry David Thoreau
65. “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” -Bill Bryson
66. “We love because it’s the only true adventure.” -William Gladstone
67. “A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything.” -Laurence Sterne
68. “A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints.” -Wilfred Peterson
69. “If happiness is the goal – and it should be, then adventures should be top priority.” – Richard Branson
70. “Never forget that life can only be nobly inspired and rightly lived if you take it bravely and gallantly, as a splendid adventure in which you are setting out into an unknown country, to face many a danger, to meet many a joy, to find many a comrade, to win and lose many a battle.” -Annie Besant
71. “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” – Henry David Thoreau
72. “We live in a world full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” -Irving Wallace
73. “And the day came when the wish to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” -Anais Nin
74. “The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer.” – Jose Bergamin
75. Do more than just exist”
The first time I read the adventure quote above, I was immediately dumbfounded. Wow! It made me think of my life, what I was doing, and what I wanted to do. Coming from a third world country, I know by experience that travel is a privilege. I worked hard for my degree, I hustle between one freelancing job to the next, and I work endlessly on this blog all because I want to keep doing what I do.
I want to be more and do more. Most of all, I want to be happy. Since early on, I’ve figured out that traveling and going on adventures is what really makes me happy, I found a way to create a lifestyle so I can do what I love.
However, despite the fact that I promote and speak a lot about this lifestyle, I know that it isn’t for everybody. I know that some people have families or other obligations. Choosing a life of travel isn’t the only way to be happy. Nor am I saying that it’s the only way to live life. Everyone can choose their own adventure.
76. “Security is a kind of death.” -Tennessee Williams
77. “A life without adventure is likely to be unsatisfying, but a life in which adventure is allowed to take whatever form it will is sure to be short.” – English Proverb
78. “Adventure: the pursuit of life.” -Jenny Radcliffe
79. “I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.” -Eric Roth.
80. “Art flourishes where there is a sense of adventure.” -Alfred North Whitehead
81. “As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was about to happen.” -Winnie the Pooh
82. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain
83. “My parents taught me honesty, truth, compassion, kindness and how to care for people. Also, they encouraged me to take risks, to boldly go. They taught me that the greatest danger in life is not taking the adventure.” – Brian Blessed
84. What is life but one grand adventure?”
85. “The man who goes alone can start today, but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.” – Henry David Thoreau
86. “A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints.” –Wilfred Peterson
87. “Adventure is in the eye of the beholder” – Annie Andre
88. “Adventure is allowing the unexpected to happen to you. Exploration is experiencing what you have not experienced before.” – Richard Aldington
89. “You know you are truly alive when you’re living among lions.”– Karen Blixen
90. “Life is an adventure. Take risks.”
One of the biggest risks that I took was starting this blog. After my partner and I met, we decided to start this because we wanted to stay connected to something that we loved, traveling. We both had jobs and I had just finished a master’s degree. However, we blindly took a leap and quit everything we knew to be normal and set off for a life of travel.
Despite not knowing how to run a blog properly, nor how to make money along the way, we both just took this leap. Two and a half years later, we are still going. The bottom line is, take risks. Whether it is regarding your work or everyday life decisions.
91. “Adventure is a path. Real adventure, self-determined, self-motivated, often risky, forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world.” – Mark Jenkins
92. “You can’t find happiness at the end of your journey if you didn’t bring it with you all along.” – Katrina Mayer
93. Adventure is worthwhile.” -Aristotle
94. “To live would be an awfully big adventure” -Peter Pan
95. “I travel because I become uncomfortable being too comfortable.”– Carew Papritz
96. “Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don’t be sorry.” – Jack Kerouac
97. “Take every chance you get in life because some things only happen once.” -Karen Gibbs
98. “Travel light, live light, spread the light, be the light.” – Yogi Bhajan
99. “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
100. “Adventures are to the adventurous.” -Benjamin Disraeli
So there you have it, folks, a few of my favorite inspirational adventure quotes which strike a cord with me every time I read them.
It somehow puts things into perspective, inspiring me to never forget to grab life by the balls! Hopefully, you’ve enjoyed these adventure travel quotes too!