So you have this epic shot, perfectly edited and queued up on your Instagram feed but you’re stuck… If only you had the perfect travel caption for your picture. Instead of spending hours trying to string words together, here’s an epic list of travel captions for Instagram that will perfectly complement whatever gorgeous travel shots you have to share
Whether you’re documenting a wild vacation, posting a nostalgic throwback shot, or just trying to find something witty to caption a picture of your adventure, here’s the place to find 171 travel captions for Instagram for any kind of journey.
- Short Travel Captions for Instagram
- Witty Travel Captions for Instagram
- Travel Captions for Instagram About the Beach
- Vacation Travel Captions for Instagram
- Destination-Specific Travel Captions for Instagram
- Couple Travel Captions for Instagram
- Solo Travel Captions for Instagram
- Quotes to Use as Travel Captions for Instagram
Short Travel Captions for Instagram
Sometimes all you need is a few words to make a big impact. If you want to keep it short and sweet with your travel caption for Instagram, give these one-liners a go.
1. Always take the scenic route
2. Paradise called, and I answered
3. Wander often, wonder always
4. Discovering the world, little by little
5. Do not disturb
6. Operation Wanderlust
7. On a mission to see the world
8. A world away
9. Woke up in paradise
10. Let the adventure begin!
11. Worry less, travel more
12. Tired feet, happy heart
13. Eating my way through ________
14. Catch flights, not feelings
15. wan·der·lust / [noun] a strong desire to travel
16. Work, save, travel, repeat
17. On the road again
18. Views for days
19. Leavin’ on a jet plane
20. I don’t think I’m in ______ anymore…
21. I have an insane calling to be where I’m not
22. If traveling was free, you’d never see me again
23. Out of Office
24. My bags stay packed
25. Up, up and away…
26. We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.
27. Lost in the right direction
28. What a long, strange trip it’s been
29. Paradise found
30. Blessed are the curious, for they will have adventures
31. Planes, trains, and automobiles
32. A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you.
33. What a wonderful world!
34. To travel is to live
35. Never coming back
36. Adventure is out there
37. Collect moments, not things
38. All good things are wild and free
39. Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing
40. The road less traveled
41.Ready for take-off!
42. Finding paradise wherever I go
Witty Travel Captions for Instagram
Give your followers a giggle with these witty travel captions for Instagram. Sassy and clever, witty travel captions add a personal spunk to photos that you don’t get with the mundane “#vacation” captions.
43. The only aisle I’m walking down is on an airplane
44. Let’s wander where the WiFi’s weak
45. Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
46. In a Relationship With: My Passport
47. I need a six-month-long vacation twice a year
48. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough
49. “If you think adventures are dangerous, try routine: It’s lethal.” – Paulo Coelho
50. You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a plane ticket!
51. Let the lights dim sum
52. Me: “I want to take a trip”. My Bank Account: “Like… to the living room?”
53. I follow my heart… and it usually leads me to the airport
54. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness… and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.” – Mark Twain
55. “Bizarre travel plans are dancing lessons from God.” – Kurt Vonnegut
56. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky – Michael Scott
57. Passport stamp: Check
58. “I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.” – Oscar Wilde
59. “Jet lag is for amateurs.” – Dick Clark
60. Forget champagne and caviar – taste the world instead!
61. Quit your job, buy a ticket, get a tan, fall in love, never return
62. Someone told me to take a hike… so I did
63. “Hey it’s ______, leave me a message and I’ll get back to you… never!”
Travel Captions for Instagram About the Beach
If you’re lucky enough, your travels have taken you somewhere warm, sandy, and salty, full of palm trees and tropical fruit.
Here’s a collection of travel captions for Instagram about that beach that are cheeky, punny, and reminiscent of bright, sunny days.
64. Sandy toes, salty hair
65. Vitamin sea
66. Beach, please
67. Seek to sea more
68. Sea you soon!
69. Resting Beach Face
70. Good vibes in the tides
71. Palm trees and 80 degrees
72. What the shell?
73. Seas the day
74. We dream in colors borrowed from the sea
75. Salty air, sun-kissed hair
76. Feeling beachy-keen
77. Tropic like it’s hot
78. “The cure for anything is saltwater: sweat, tears, or the sea.” – Isak Dinesen
79. My sense of direction leads me one way: to the beach
80. Mermaid kisses, starfish wishes
81. Bikini dreaming
82. Ready for a tan again
83. Suns out, buns out
84. Girls just wanna have sun
85. How to get a beach body: Go to the beach
Vacation Travel Captions for Instagram
Most people live for vacation, and who can blame them? Time off work to do whatever you please, whether it’s relaxing somewhere sunny, kicking back in five-star luxury, or spending time in the great outdoors.
But let’s be honest, regardless of your vacation style, it will probably involve a boatload of Instagrammable pics (especially if you’ve made it to this article).
No matter where your vacation takes you (here’s to hoping it’s somewhere beautiful), these vacation captions for Instagram will make you want to book another one ASAP.
86. Calories don’t count on vacation
87. The tan will fade, but the memories will last forever
88. I want someone to look at me the way I look at Skyscanner
89. It’s bad manners to keep a vacation waiting
90. There should be sympathy cards for having to go back to work after vacation
91. I’ve got 99 problems, but I’m on vacation so I’m ignoring them all!
92. Good times and tan lines
93. “Nothing lasts forever, except the day before you start your vacation.” – Gayland Anderson
94. Vacation vibes
95. Sweet escape
96. Be back never
97. PSA: I live here now
98. I need a vacation so long, I forget all my passwords
99. Vacation mood: On
Destination-Specific Travel Captions for Instagram
Looking for something punny to say about a city, country, or area of the world? Here’s a collection of the most palatable destination-specific travel captions for Instagram that won’t make your followers cringe.
100. Italy stole a pizza my heart!
101. Czech out the view
102. Empire State of mind
103. I’m just China have a good time
104. Kenya feel the love tonight
105. This city is so Nice
106. Are you for Rio?
107. P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
108. I’m Ha-long way from home
109. Are my photos Hanoing?
110. Let’s taco ‘bout Mexico
111. Eiffel in love with Paris!
112. Paris, I hope our paths will croissant again
113. I Louvre you Paris!
114. I’m Havana great time
115. You won’t Bolivia eyes when you see this place!
116. Quebec to basics
117. It’s kinda Chile here
118. Eye love London
119. A Berlin desire to drink a beer
121. Irish I packed my umbrella
123. Amsterdam has high standards
124. In Korea with my Seoul-mate
Couple Travel Captions for Instagram
There’s nothing like being in love and traveling with that person. Spending time on the go with your other half can be so special because, in addition to seeing the world, you can see it through their eyes too.
If you have some cute shots of you and your partner, here are couple travel captions for Instagram that will garner plenty of “aww” comments from friends and followers.
125. No WiFi here but our connection is stronger than ever
126. 7 billion smiles and yours is my favorite
127. Together is my favorite place
128. Home is wherever I’m with you
129. No matter the view, I want to see it with you
130. Me and my personal photographer
131. We were mermaid for each other
132. He let me have the window seat
133. “We have nothing to lose, and a world to see.”
Solo Travel Captions for Instagram
Solo travel is so special – getting to see the world on your own terms, visit places you’ve always wanted to go, and cross item after item off your bucket list… there’s simply nothing like it. If you’re a solo traveler, you’ve probably collected plenty of stunning scenery shots, and a fair share of photos of yourself too.
From the sweaty selfie to the awkward “can you take a picture for me?” snap from a stranger, these are some solo travel captions for Instagram to show off your adventures with.
PS: Even if you travel with a companion(s) but your camera roll is full of solo shots, most of these travel captions should suit your needs just fine.
134. You can’t control the past, but you can control where you go next
135. Just my backpack and me
136. Oh, the places you’ll go
137. “I wondered why it was that places are so much lovelier when one is alone.” – Daphne du Maurier
138. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
139. “Traveling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, ‘I would love to stay and love you, but I have to go: this is my station.’” – Lisa St. Aubin de Teran
140. “I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott
141. “So much of who we are is where we have been.” – William Langewiesche
142. “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
143. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
144. Ridin’ solo
145. “It’s your road, and yours alone, others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.” – Rumi
146. First-class gal on an economy budget
Quotes to Use as Travel Captions for Instagram
When all else fails, sometimes it’s best to borrow words from someone else. Quotes make awesome travel captions for Instagram and come from all sorts of people. Proverbs, things famous people said, lines from books, you name it – you can probably make a travel caption for Instagram out of it.
Here’s a round-up of all the best sayings about travel from people across the board. Plus, most of them are short enough that your followers will actually read the entire thing.
147. “Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times.” – Asian Proverb
148. “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
149. “Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport.” – Unknown
150. “Travel is never a matter of money, but of courage.” – Paulo Coelho
151. “I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m on my way.” – Carl Sanburg
152. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc
153. “Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing.” – Dr. Seuss
154. “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
155. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
156. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” – Saint Augustine
157. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
158. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
159. “Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret.” – Oscar Wilde
160. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucius
161. “The best education I have ever received was through travel.” – Lisa Ling
162. “The most beautiful thing in the world is, of course, the world itself.” – Wallace Stevens
163. “Travel opens up your heart, broadens your mind and fills your life with stories to tell.” – Paula Bendfelt
164. “Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly. You leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life – and travel – leaves marks on you.” – Anthony Bourdain
165. “Great things never came from comfort zones.” – Ben Francia
166. “Jobs fill your pockets, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jamie Lyn Beatty
167. “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.” – Stephen Covey
168. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustav Flaubert
169. “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.” – John Green
170. “With age comes wisdom, with travel comes understanding.” – Sandra Lake
171. “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
Now that you’re well equipped with all the travel captions for Instagram that you could ever need, it’s time to get posting!
But a word from the wise? Always remember to put down the camera while traveling and soak in the view right in front of you.
While Instagram may seem like the most important thing sometimes, remember to disconnect and enjoy your travels free from the pressures of posing for pictures for your feed your entire trip.
Want more inspiration? Check out these articles
Inspired? Pin It!