Looking for some inspiration? Take a look at my collection of the best quotes about Paris. Known as the City of Love, Paris is a destination that just oozes with romance.
Frequented by millions of travelers each year, Paris is a city brimming with life. From the beautiful cobble stone streets, the many French cafes and restaurants, this place is nothing short of magical.
Whether you’re planning a trip to Paris or just want some travel inspiration and wanderlust, this article on the best quotes about Paris will be sure to spark some inspiration.
If you like any of the images below, feel free to Pin them on Pinterest!
Best Quotes About Paris
(Click section to jump to it)
- Quotes About Paris
- Romantic Quotes About Paris
- Quotes about the Eiffel Tower
- Paris Captions for Instagram
- Paris Travel Quotes
Best Quotes About Paris
Ironically, Paris was actually one of those places which I did not like initially. During my first trip to Paris in 2015, I found it to be loud, slightly chaotic, and underwhelming. It was a huge disappointment for me as it was one of those places that I’ve been dreaming of visiting since I was a kid.
A few years later, I returned and had the most magical time. Instead of following the usual tourist trap, we had someone show us around the real Paris and it was then when I instantly fell in love! Keep reading to see some of the best Paris quotes that will make you fall in love with this beautiful city.
1. “If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.” -Ernest Hemingway
2. “America is my country and Paris is my hometown.” -Gertrude Stein
3. “But Paris was a very old city and we were young and nothing was simple there, not even poverty, nor sudden money, nor the moonlight, nor right and wrong nor the breathing of someone who lay beside you in the moonlight.” ― Ernest Hemingway
4. “I wish I could go to Paris right now.”― Emily J. Proctor
5. “Paris is not a city; it’s a world.” — King Francis I
6. “Paris is the city in which one loves to live. Sometimes I think this is because it is the only city in the world where you can step out of a railway station—the Gare D’Orsay—and see, simultaneously, the chief enchantments: the Seine with its bridges and bookstalls, the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Tuileries Gardens, the Place de la Concorde, the beginning of the Champs Elysees—nearly everything except the Luxembourg Gardens and the Palais Royal. But what other city offers as much as you leave a train?” -Margaret Anderson
7. “People wonder why so many writers come to live in Paris. I’ve been living ten years in Paris and the answer seems simple to me: because it’s the best place to pick ideas. Just like Italy, Spain… or Iran are the best places to pick saffron. If you want to pick opium poppies you go to Burma or South-East Asia. And if you want to pick novel ideas, you go to Paris.” -Roman Payne
8. “A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of Life.” -Thomas Jefferson
9. “You know, I sometimes think, how is anyone ever gonna come up with a book, or a painting, or a symphony, or a sculpture that can compete with a great city. You can’t. Because you look around and every street, every boulevard, is its own special art form and when you think that in the cold, violent, meaningless universe that Paris exists, these lights. I mean come on, there’s nothing happening on Jupiter or Neptune, but from way out in space you can see these lights, the cafés, people drinking and singing. For all we know, Paris is the hottest spot in the universe.” -Owen Wilson
10. “Just add three letters to Paris, and you have paradise.” – Jules Renard
Romantic Quotes About Paris
Known as the epicenter of many romantic novels and movies, Paris has become synonymous with love and romance. Year after year, tons of people flock to Paris to vacation, get engaged, or even get married. Trust me, there is nothing more romantic than walking along the River Seine while gazing at the many lit up monuments around you.
If you’re looking for romantic quotes about Paris, look no further as I’ve collected a list of the best quotes about Paris that will make you swoon and giddy!
11. “A final reminder. Whenever you are in Paris at twilight in the early summer, return to the Seine and watch the evening sky close slowly on a last strand of daylight fading quietly, like a sigh.” -Kate Simon
12. “We’ll always have Paris.” – Howard Koch
13. “You can’t escape the past in Paris, and yet what’s so wonderful about it is that the past and present intermingle so intangibly that it doesn’t seem to burden.” — Allen Ginsberg
14. “Even the pigeons are dancing, kissing,
going in circles, mounting each other.
Paris is the city of love,
even for the birds.”
― Samantha Schutz
15. “I love the night passionately. I love it as I love my country, or my mistress, with an instinctive, deep, and unshakeable love. I love it with all my senses: I love to see it, I love to breathe it in, I love to open my ears to its silence, I love my whole body to be caressed by its blackness. Skylarks sing in the sunshine, the blue sky, the warm air, in the fresh morning light. The owl flies by night, a dark shadow passing through the darkness; he hoots his sinister, quivering hoot, as though he delights in the intoxicating black immensity of space. ” ― Guy de Maupassant
16. “Mine was the twilight and the morning. Mine was a world of rooftops and love songs.” ― Roman Payne
17. “You stumble, you soar. And if you’re lucky, you make it to Paris for a while.” — Amy Howard
We've scoured the internet for the best ALL-AROUND travel shoe and Tropicfeel wins by far. We've taken ours through rivers, jungles, and cities and they're still alive and kickin'. Check them out below.
Quotes about the Eiffel Tower
Named after the engineer Gustave Eiffel, this iconic landmark was created from 1887 to 1889 as the entrance to the 1889 World’s Fair. Towering at 81 floors, this popular landmark is one of the most visited paid monument in the world. Every visit to Paris has since been synonymous to catching a glimpse of the magical Eiffel Tower, especially at night.
Here are a few famous quotes about the Eiffel Tower.
18. “I like The Eiffel Tower because it looks like steel and lace.” ― Natalie Lloyd
19. “The process of making an independent film is like building a mini Eiffel Tower with popsicle sticks – it doesn’t happen overnight, and it’s not easy.”- William Fichtner
20. “The Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower. They’re monumental. They’re straight out of Page 52 in your school history book.”- Billy Crystal
21. “Every time I look at the Eiffel Tower, it completely blows my mind.” – Brian Fallon
22. “I always wish the hotels were like they are in movies and TV shows, where if you’re in Paris, right outside your window is the Eiffel Tower. In Egypt, the pyramids are right there. In the movies, every hotel has a monument right outside your window. My hotel rooms overlook the garbage dumpster in the back alley.” -Gilbert Gottfried
23. “You know this means that what we did-what we almost did in Paris…Going to the Eiffel Tower?”- Cassandra Clare
24. “I should go to Paris and jump off of the Eiffel Tower. If I took the Concorde, I could be dead three hours earlier. ” -Woody Allen
25. “France is beautiful. I stood at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower today and looked up at it. There are very few times in my life I’ve felt so small.” ―
Paris Captions for Instagram
Every year, almost 30 million people visit Paris and it’s no surprise as it is one of those must-visit cities while in Europe. If you’re looking for short but sweet instagram captions for Paris, here’s a collection of quotes and sayings that people have said about the popular City of Love.
26. “When good Americans die, they go to Paris”. -Oscar Wilde
27. “Paris, you have my heart.”
28. “All you need is a pretty tower and a passport.”
29. “Up in the clouds, on top of the Eiffel Tower.”
30. “When in Paris…”
31. “Casually checking major items off my bucket list.”
32. “Croissants, baguettes, and beautiful Eiffel Tower #views.”
33. “I’ve never met a major sight I didn’t like.”
34. “Peaking at the top of the Eiffel Tower.”
35.“Well, would you look at that view.”
36. “Greetings from the prettiest tower on the planet.”
37. “Paris, you have my heart.”
38. “When in doubt, go to Paris.”
Paris Travel Quotes
As mentioned, a visit to Paris is a must whenever you find yourself in Europe. With tons of amazing things to do, there is no shortage of reasons why you need to plan a trip to Paris. Having been there multiple times since my first trip, the best travel tip I have is to simply get lost. Immerse yourself in the real Paris and spend hours on end wandering. I have no doubts that you will stumble on something so unique and special!
39. “London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation.” – G. K. Chesterson
40. “Secrets travel fast in Paris.” -Napoleon Bonaparte
41. “Oh, London is a man’s town, there’s power in the air;
And Paris is a woman’s town, with flowers in her hair;
And it’s sweet to dream in Venice, and it’s great to study Rome;
But when it comes to living, there is no place like home.”
42. “There is but one Paris and however hard living may be here, and if it became worse and harder even—the French air clears up the brain and does good—a world of good.” ― Vincent Van Gogh
43. “The best of America drifts to Paris. The American in Paris is the best American. It is more fun for an intelligent person to live in an intelligent country. France has the only two things toward which we drift as we grow older—intelligence and good manners.”― F. Scott Fitzgerald
44. “An artist has no home in Europe except in Paris.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
45. “I guess it goes to show that you just never know where life will take you. You search for answers. You wonder what it all means. You stumble, and you soar. And, if you’re lucky, you make it to Paris for a while.”― Amy Thomas
46. “Paris is the city in which one loves to live. Sometimes I think this is because it is the only city in the world where you can step out of a railway station—the Gare D’Orsay—and see, simultaneously, the chief enchantments: the Seine with its bridges and bookstalls, the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Tuileries Gardens, the Place de la Concorde, the beginning of the Champs Elysees—nearly everything except the Luxembourg Gardens and the Palais Royal. But what other city offers as much as you leave a train?” ― Margaret Anderson
47. “Paris is a hard place to leave, even when it rains incessantly and one coughs continually from the dampness.”― Willa Cather
48. “I know so much is going to happen here, but I just don’t know how. It feels like Paris is full of so many adventures just waiting to be had.” ―
There you have it! A collection of some of the best quotes about Paris. I hope reading this helped sparked some wanderlust in you. If you’re looking for tips on how to make your Paris trip come true, check out our travel guide to France.
If you’re looking for more inspiration, check out our list of other quotes.
- Best Quotes About France
- Best Solo Travel Quotes
- Best Outdoor Quotes
- Best Quotes about Paris
- Adventure Quotes
- Travel Quotes
Inspired? Pin It!