Looking for some fun beach quotes?
In order to save you time, I’ve scoured the internet in search of the best beach quotes to inspire you. Growing up in the Philippines, I was always surrounded by many picture-perfect islands and beaches.
My idea of heaven is lying on a hammock by an empty beach, looking out at the turquoise blue ocean with a coconut in hand.
Because of that, every time I feel stressed or feel like I’m in need of a getaway, the beach is the first place I think of. In this article, I will share with you my favorite beach quotes along with a few of the most beautiful beaches that I have had the opportunity to travel to.
If you like any of the images below, feel free to Pin them on Pinterest!
Best Beach Quotes
(Click section to jump to it)
- Beach Quotes
- Beach Life Quotes
- Beach Captions for Instagram
- Beach Vacation Quotes
- Funny Beach Quotes
Let’s kick this part of the article off by sharing one of my favorite places on earth, Boracay Island. I actually spend a good 4 years living in this beautiful island, working as a school teacher. Everyday, I would gather around with some friends, and watch the most spectacular sunsets.
The entire island is only 7km long and is home to so many island folk (both local and expats). Although it is getting to be quite touristy, I do have so many incredible memories of this place which is why it deserves to go on this list.
With that in mind, lets’s get to a few of my top picks for the best beach quotes.
1. “Every day should be a beach day.” – Unknown
2. “A good beach day keeps the doctor away.”
3. “At the beach, life is different. Time doesn’t move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun.” – Sandy Gingras
4. “A day at the beach is never lost time. When the warm grains of sand touch our hearts, we know we’re in the right place.”
5. “I read and walked for miles at night along the beach, writing bad blank verse and searching endlessly for someone wonderful who would step out of the darkness and change my life. It never crossed my mind that that person could be me.” – Anna Quindlen
6. “The waves of the sea help me get back to me.” – Jill Davis
7. “I followed my heart, and it led me to the beach.” – Unknown
8. “Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away.” – Sarah Kay
9. “Time wasted at the beach is time well spent.” – Unknown
10. Sky above, sand below, peace within.
11. We dream in colors borrowed from the sea.
12. “She loves the serene brutality of the ocean, loves the electric power she felt with each breath of wet, briny air.” – Holly Black
13. “For her the ocean was more than a dream, it was a place she needed to visit to find herself. And when she returned to the city, you could see the sun in her eyes, the wind in her hair, and taste the infinite salt in her lips.” – Jose Chavez
14. “To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude.” –Jeanne Moreau
15. Wherever you go, bring your own sunshine.
Short Beach Quotes
Next up for my favorite beach destination is Isla Mujeres in Mexico. Without really knowing what to expect, we headed there for a few days and found one of the most beautiful beaches we’ve ever seen. Turquoise blue waters as far as our eyes can see plus long stretches of white sand.
During stya, we did nothing but eat, swim, take naps, and drink coconuts- it was glorious!
16. Life is better in flip flops.
17. Good times and tan lines.
18. All you need is a good dose of vitamin sea.
19. Sunshine is the best medicine.
20. I need vitamin sea.
21. “I could never stay long enough on the shore; the tang of the untainted, fresh, and free sea air was like a cool, quieting thought.” – Helen Keller
22. If in doubt paddle out.
23. Sandy toes. Sunkissed nose.
24. Salty hair, don’t care.
25. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
26. B.E.A.C.H.: Best Escape Anyone Can Have
27. I need some beach therapy.
28. Life’s a beach, find your wave.
29. Keep calm and beach on.
30. Salt in the air. Sand in my hair.
Beach Life Quotes
Another favorite beach experience was when we spend 5 days living on a boat heading to Komodo National Park in Indonesia. During this trip, we saw mantarays, sharks, dolphins, and more. We headed to so many remote uninhabited islands and couldn’t really ask for a better experience.
In this section of the article, I will walk you through some of my favotire quotes that talk about beach life.
31. Beach Rules: Soak up the sun. Ride the waves. Breathe the salty air. Feel the breeze. Build sandcastles. Rest, relax, reflect. Collect seashells. Bare-feet required.” – Unknown
32. “The calming movement of the sea along with the restless ocean breeze gently caresses me creating a soothing trance which lulls me to a place of peace.” – M. L. Borges
33. “Don’t grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.” – Michelle Held
34. “Like seashells we are beautiful and unique each with a story to tell” – Unknown
35. “The Ocean is everything I want to be. Beautiful, Mysterious, Wild & Free” – Unknown
36. “A walk on the beach soothes the soul”
37. “The waves of the sea help me get back to me.” – Jill Davis
38. “In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans.” – Kahlil Gibran
39. “You never really know what’s coming. A small wave, or maybe a big one.
40. “All you can really do is hope that when it comes, you can surf over it, instead of drown in its monstrosity.” – Alysha Speer
41. “The ocean makes me feel really small and it makes me put my whole life into perspective.” – Beyoncé
42. Sky above, sand below, peace within.
43. “She loves the serene brutality of the ocean, loves the electric power she felt with each breath of wet, briny air.” – Holly Black
44. “For her the ocean was more than a dream, it was a place she needed to visit to find herself. And when she returned to the city, you could see the sun in her eyes, the wind in her hair, and taste the infinite salt in her lips.” – Jose Chavez
45. “To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude.”
46. We dream in colors borrowed from the sea.
Beach Captions for Instagram
Every time I post a photo of a stunning beach on Instagram (and I do it quite often as we basically just travel the world in search of stunning beaches), I always have to think of a clever caption to match it. So in this section of the article, I decided to list down a few captions about the beach that are perfect for Instagram.
47. “Every day should be a beach day.” – Unknown
48. shell yeah!
49. I don’t wanna be tide down.
50. Gone to the beach. Be back never.
51. Shell-abrate good times.
52. “I’ll have a side of beach with my morning coffee” – Unknown
53. Eat. Beach. Sleep. Repeat.
54. Sea la vie!
55. Happiness comes in waves.
56. Memories are made in flip flops.
57. Salt water heals all wounds.
58. If you’re not barefoot, then you’re overdressed.
58. A cloudy day at the beach is still a day at the… beach!
60. Good vibes happen on the tides.
61. Sand on, stress off.
62. Beach hair, don’t care.
63. High tides & Good vibes.
Beach Vacation Quotes
I don’t know about you but whenever I think of vacations, I quickly gravitate towards tropical destinations over snowy cold places. One of our favorite trips was when we spent the summer traveling around Portugal and Spain. For me, those two places have the perfect balance between city life, culture, food, and beaches.
In this section of the article, I walk you through some of my favorite quotes about beach vacations! I hope you enjoy the puns and witty quotes!
64. Tropic like it’s hot.
65. Just hanging with my gull-friends.
66. I can sea clearly now.
67. Beachology. Be shore of yourself. Don’t be crabby. Let your worries drift away. Drown out pier pressure. Soak up positive energy. Seas life’s moments.
68. Vacation mode: activated.
69. “Our memories of the ocean will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone.” – Unknown
70. “Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away.” – Sarah Kay
71. “The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul.” –Robert Wyland
72. “The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” – Jacques Yves Cousteau
73. “It doesn’t matter where you go in life, as long as you go to the beach” – Unknown
74. “Dance with the waves, move with the sea. Let the rhythm of the water set your soul free.” – Christy Ann Martine
75. “Sunset is still my favorite color and rainbow is second.” – Mattie Stepanek
76. Friends, sun, sand and sea, that sounds like summer to me” – Unknown
77. “In every outthrust headland, in every curving beach, in every grain of sand there is the story of the earth.” – Rachel Carson
78. Let’s go somewhere the sun kisses the ocean” – Unknown
Funny Beach Quotes
Now before I end this article, I have to talk about some of the best beaches in Thailand which we visited when we were living there. Home to so many islands, Thailand was our go to spot whenever we needed a break from the city. We would hop on a quick flight and ferry and would find ourselves amidst some beautiful diving, coral reefs, and tropical islands.
In this part of this best beach quotes article, I share with you some of the funny beach quotes that I found when researching for this article. I hope you enjoy them!
79. “My sense of direction leads me one way: to the beach.” – Unknown
80. Sun of a beach.
81. Resting beach face.
82. Namast’ay at the beach.
83. Aloha beaches!
84. I love you to the shore line and back.
85. You’re the piña to my colada.
86. We mermaid for each other.
87. I’m an aquaholic.
88. “What I want in a good beach read is sunshine, drama, easy-reading and transportation to another world and other people’s problems.” – Jane Green
89. Having a whale of a time.
90. Giving in to pier pressure.
91. Long time, no sea.
92. If there’s a will there’s a wave.
93. No one likes shady beaches.
94. How to have a beach body:
1. Have a body
2. Go to the beach
There you have it! A collection of some of the best quotes about the beach.Hopefully, this article inspired you to spend more time around nature, with a coconut (or two) in hand.
If you’re looking for more inspiration, check out our list of other quotes.
Inspired? Pin it!