In this article, I am going to walk you through 137 crazy bucket list ideas.
Now before I begin, let me first ask you. Have you ever had a crazy idea then thought to yourself…
“No, I can’t do that…that’s too darn crazy!”
The thing is folks, life is short.
Nothing is certain and if you live your life always heeding to caution, making calculated moves, you might end up missing out on some of life’s crazy, unexpected experiences.
Coming from someone who has been traveling and has been on the road for 7 years now, there is more to life than sticking to a routine, doing the same thing, day in and day out.
Even if you work a 9-5 job, every once in a while, I hope you refer to this list for inspiration.
Literally close your eyes, point randomly to a number, and work towards making it happen-no matter how crazy you think the idea is!
So without further ado, here’s a compilation of crazy bucket list ideas to inspire you.
Crazy Bucket List Ideas Related to Travel
Since this is a travel blog, let’s start with a few crazy bucket list ideas that are travel related. From traveling from one continent to another, or just adventuring in your own backyard, you’re bound to find something to get you excited!
- Quit your job and go traveling (man, if this isn’t crazy enough…I don’t know what is!)
- Eat 3 meals in 3 different countries (We did 5 meals in 5 countries when we were train hopping in Europe and it was awesome!)
- Go volcano boarding
- Hike up to Everest Basecamp (seriously one of the best things we’ve ever done!)
- See lava erupt/flow from a volcano
- Watch the sunrise from the mountains
- Sail around the world
- Join the Running with the Bulls Festival in Spain
- Attend the Holi Festival of Colors in India
- Drive cross-country in a road trip around the Balkans
- Join in on the largest water fight in the world in the Thai festival, Songkran
- Go to space!!! How crazy is it that we have this opportunity now!
- Drive Route 66
- Drive the Northcoast 500 in Scotland
- Do the plank walk in the Sky on Mt. Huashan (nicknamed as the most dangerous trail)
- Witness the Loi Krathong lantern festival in Thailand
- Visit all the National Parks in the West Coast
- Hike to Machu Picchu in Peru
- Go backpacking in Europe
- Visit all the National Parks in the East Coast
- Visit all 7 continents
- Snorkel between two continents in Silfra
- Visit all the 7 wonders of the world
- Travel to all the countries in the world
- Drive 200kph down the German autobahn highway
- Do the three peaks challenge in Wales
- Visit Galapagos Islands
- See the Northern Lights
- Drive a campervan across Iceland (one of our best experiences ever!!)
- Sleep in a glass igloo
- Cycle Death Road in Bolivia
- Go trekking in the Amazon Rainforest
- Walk around Ankor Wat in Cambodia
✨The 1 Thing We Never Leave Home Without…✨
Coming from someone who has been traveling the world for the last 8 years AND has been in the hospital 2x, travel insurance is something everyone NEEDS to get. Get a quote below!
Wild Bucket List Ideas Involving Wildlife
Before I share my list, it is important to note that whenever you are signing up for a tour/activity which involves animals, always make sure you do your research.
Do not do anything that is unethical, forcing the animal to do unnatural things (ie. riding an elephant and swimming with dolphins is NOT okay!) With that being said, there are still plenty of ways to enjoy animal encounters. Lastly, make sure you book tours with companies that have a good track record!
- Go on a safari and spot the Big 5.
- Go cage diving with Great White Sharks (this has seriously been on my bucket list for soooo long!)
- See a tiger or a leopard in the wild
- See elephants in the wild
- Enroll in a survival class
- Go snorkeling and spot a sea turtle
- Swim with manta rays
- Swim with dolphins (in the wild!)
- Trek with Gorillas in Rwanda (or Uganda)
- Trek with Orangutans in Indonesia (this was one of the best things to do in Sumatra)
- Go dog sledding in Finland
- Ride a camel through the Sahara desert
- Learn how to ride a horse bareback
- Swim with whale sharks
- Go scuba diving in the Galapagos Islands
- Go scuba diving in Komodo National Parks (and visit the Komodo dragons while you’re at it!)
- Go crocodile cage diving (hard pass on this one for me!)
- See penguins up close and personal in Antarctica
Insane Bucket List Ideas Involving Food
Although I run a travel blog, food is something I am obsessed with so coming up with crazy bucket list ideas involving food was super fun! If you love food just like me, this list is perfect for you!
- Take a cooking class in a foreign country (this cooking class in Bologna was fun!)
- Cook over an open fire
- Book a dine in the dark dinner
- Dine in a Michelin star restaurant
- Make it your quest to find THE PERFECT BURGER (So far, our top contender for this is the 24k burger from Slater 50/50 in Las Vegas!)
- Master cooking 1 signature meal
- Join a food eating contest just for fun!
- Cook a 3 course dinner for friends
- Make fresh pasta in Italy
- Go on the Napa Valley wine train
- Book a foraging course and learn how to hunt/cook what you catch
- Dine and meet with a celebrity chef
- Book the chef’s table in a restaurant
- Organize and cook a themed dinner for friends
- Have dinner in the largest underwater restaurant in the Maldives
- Eat at the French Laundry which has been consecutively named the best restaurant in the world
- Visit a vineyard and taste wine directly from a barrel
- Create your own signature cocktail combination
- Hunt for truffles
- Fly to Japan and go on a sushi and ramen binge
- Eat something that you normally would NEVER order
- Start a herb garden
- Try out a new recipe from a cuisine you’ve never made before
- Brew your own beer
- Create a compile a family recipe book
- Plan a trip to the country where your favorite food is from
- Pick your own fruits and make a pie afterward
Psst...Want in on a Secret? 🤫
We've scoured the internet for the best ALL-AROUND travel shoe and Tropicfeel wins by far. We've taken ours through rivers, jungles, and cities and they're still alive and kickin'. Check them out below.
Extreme Bucket List Ideas
The common misconception that a lot of people have is that all bucket lists have to be extreme and crazy. The thing is, it doesn’t have to be. If you’re not a self-proclaimed daredevil, that is absolutely fine! There are a ton of other things on this list that you can do.
However, for those of you who love adrenaline and adventure, this insane list of bucket list ideas is definitely NOT for the faint hearted.
- Go skydiving
- Book a paragliding experience (I did this over an exploding volcano and it was EPIC!)
- Go bungee jumping
- Try heli-skiing
- Go base jumping
- Go cliff jumping
- Go free soloing (rock climbing without any equipment!)
- Go cave diving
- Go glacier hiking
- Try cave spelunking
- Go canyoneering in Wales
- Go scuba diving in some of the best dive destinations in the world
- Try your luck at big wave surfing
- Go on a wingsuit flight
- Go whitewater rafting and go over a waterfall
- Sign up for a triathlon
- Train and sign up for an iron man
Crazy Bucket List Ideas for Couples
They say that experiences are better when they are shared with someone so in case you and your significant other are feeling in the mood to tick off some crazy ideas, here’s some inspiration for you.
- Go on a spontaneous trip (no planning ahead!) together
- Go skinny dipping together
- Play flight roulette and travel to a random country together
- Ride in a hot air balloon over sunrise
- Have a stay-in-bed weekend
- Write a love letter to each other
- Go camping and sleep under the stars
- Go on an epic cross country road trip together
- Book first class tickets on a long haul flight
- Go on a month-long vacation
- Go on a year-long honeymoon
- Book a romantic hotel staycation
- Watch the sunrise over the Grand Canyon
- Kiss inside Antelope Canyon
- Attend a festival together and dance all night long
- Stay in an overwater bungalow in a tropical destination
- Go on a helicopter ride over your favorite city
- Sign up for a marathon / spartan race together
- Run away and elope together
- Learn a new language together
- Attend a silent retreat
- Book a session in a float tank
- Get married in Las Vegas
Crazy Bucket List Ideas with Friends
Want to do something crazy with your bff? Here’s my list of suggestions in crazy things to do with your favorite partner in crime.
- Set each other up on a blind date
- Get matching tattoos
- Write future letters to each other to be opened 5 years later
- Create a time capsule
- Go on a double date
- Go on a karaoke all nighter
- Join a themed race (zombie 5k)
- Go backpacking together
- Sign up for a self-defense class
Extreme Bucket List Ideas Involving Nature
Let’s dive into the world of insane ideas for those of you who love spending time with nature! Coming from someone who has been traveling with my better half for almost 7 years, we’ve had our fair share of experiences in nature!
- Go winter swimming (Wim Hof style!)
- Hop in a car and go chase a lightning storm (although, we don’t recommend doing this if you’re not with anyone who knows what they are doing)
- Go on a weeklong camping trip by yourself (with the aim to live off the land)
- See the bioluminescent planktons glow
- Walkthrough an ice cave
- Witness a solar eclipse
- Witness a lunar eclipse
- Go sandboarding down sand dunes
- Hike half dome in Yosemite
- Do the U or O Trek in Patagonia
- See the redwoods in California
- Visit all the National Parks in the USA
- Go camping on a deserted island
There you have it, folks! Hopefully, you enjoyed this epic list of crazy bucket list ideas. While I know that not everything on this list is possible / something you would actually want to do, I hope it still gives you a few ideas on how to shake things up and do something out of the ordinary once in a while!