Have you ever thought about teaching English abroad?
If so, you’ve probably heard of The TEFL Org before. But if you haven’t, this worldwide organization offers a huge array of courses to help prepare and certify English speakers as teachers, allowing you to use your skills to secure teaching jobs around the world.
So what’s all the hype around The TEFL Org? Are they really the best option if you’re hoping to become certified to teach English as a foreign language?
Keep reading this TEFL Org review to find out the full scoop and if they’re the right pick for you!
Why Teaching English is a Great Skill
Teaching English is one of the best skills to have in your back pocket. Not only can you help hundreds (if not thousands) of people learn your first language, but you’ll be able to explore the globe and empower people along the way.
Beyond teaching English to others, having this skill is one of the top ways to set out on a life full of adventure. With an internationally-recognized TEFL certification, you can go practically anywhere in the world and use your certificate to teach English!
Even if you’re a total homebody and aren’t keen on traveling around, a TEFL certification will enable you to teach English remotely, allowing you to earn from money from the comforts on your own home.
As long as you have a stable internet connection, you can use your TEFL experience to secure jobs (or side hustles) and earn an income, making it one of the most useful skills you can have… Score!
What is The TEFL Org?
Before diving deeper into our TEFL Org review, what is The TEFL Org?
The TEFL Org is a course that teaches people how to teach English. They offer a range of courses to choose from, as well as a large team of dedicated staff who are there to help you along the way.
With a TEFL course, you don’t need to have a degree in Education or English… You’ll receive an accredited TEFL certification upon course completion that you can take around the world with you to teach English abroad, or even online from your home country!
The TEFL Org has empowered thousands of people by giving them the skills to teach English anywhere in the world. Armed with this knowledge, The TEFL Org graduates have great success securing jobs in destinations near and far.
Courses Offered by The TEFL Org
So how exactly does this work?
The TEFL Org has both in-person and online courses for people to choose from, based on their desired certification. And the best part of this course is you don’t need any previous experience at all!
In-person courses are taught by a designated TEFL Org tutor, while online courses are completely virtual and go at your own pace. These days, many of the in-person courses are also taught virtually, giving users the benefit of face-to-face instruction, even in a remote setting.
TEFL Org’s most popular offering is the 120-hour premier online course. It covers the fundamentals of teaching English as a foreign language and walks you through the basics of what you’ll need to know.
- 50-hour online TEFL course that talks about classroom management, teaching styles, and the methodology behind TEFL in general.
- 30-hour online grammar course, which is super helpful! Trust me, you probably don’t remember all of your middle school grammar so this is an awesome refresher.
- 20-hour online video course where you’ll get to observe an English teacher in action, which will provide you with some great ideas to take to your own classroom.
- Two 10-hour specialist mini-modules that cover teaching over the telephone and teaching a large class. These modules will add to your general skill set and help you stand out when looking for jobs.
I’ve actually taken the 120-hour virtual TEFL Org course and found it easy to understand and a breeze to get through. The entire thing was broken into digestible modules with quick quizzes at the end. I was also given six months to complete the course, allowing me to work at my own pace while traveling around.
The TEFL Org also offers a 130-hour course that has a 30-hour weekday TEFL course or virtual classroom course instead of the two 10-hour specialist models in the 120-hour course.
For the most comprehensive coverage, there’s a 150-hour premier TEFL course which has everything in the 120-hour course, and the additional 30-hour weekday TEFL course or 30-hour virtual classroom course.
These two courses are outstanding options if you want the fundamentals of the basic TEFL course coupled with face-to-face instruction from a dedicated tutor.
TEFL Org also offers advanced courses, if you’re already TEFL-qualified but want to add some more skills to your arsenal. These are great if you’re looking to improve in a certain area that wasn’t covered in-depth during the initial course.
Some of these include:
- How to Teach English Online, a solid course to help you transition to being an online teacher.
- Advanced courses like Teaching Business English, Teaching Young Learners, and Teaching Large Classes to up your skillset and increase earning potential.
- Specialist courses to improve specific skills like Online Grammar, Teaching Practice, Telephone Teaching, and more!
As you can see, The TEFL Org has gone above and beyond to give people the resources necessary to be successful English teachers abroad and online.
This is why they’re one of the most renowned companies of their kind and a leader in the field of teaching English as a foreign language. Just take The TEFL Org’s stellar reviews as proof!
Should You Choose The TEFL Org?
Like with all TEFL courses, there are pros and cons when it comes to TEFL Org and you’ll have to decide if it’s ultimately the right choice for you.
The pros of The TEFL Org are:
- Easy-to-follow lessons and courses: Each course is broken down into digestible modules so you can focus on one thing at a time and avoid getting overwhelmed.
- Qualified tutors and trainers to help with anything you may need along the way: Having someone who knows what they’re talking about goes a long way and TEFL.org provides superb support to their students. When you enroll in a TEFL.org course, you’ll have your own personal online TEFL tutor to answer any questions you have.
- Offered worldwide: No matter where you are in the world, be it Australia, the UK, Canada, you can take a TEFL.org course.
- Accredited certificate: TEFL.org certifications are recognized worldwide!
- 6 months to complete the course: Work at your own pace and receive your TEFL certification upon completion.
- Advanced job placement and lifetime CV support: One of the best things about TEFL.org is the support they offer in terms of helping students find and secure jobs abroad. They also offer lifetime CV support to help you market your TEFL skills in the best way possible.
But like with everything, TEFL Org has a few cons as well:
- Additional resources cost extra: Lesson plans are not included with the course but can be purchased separately.
- Mostly theoretical concepts taught (teaching methodology, teaching styles, etc) rather than classroom skills like interacting with students and lesson planning.
Overall, if you are eager to teach English as a means to travel the world and work abroad, The TEFL Org is definitely a solid choice for your TEFL certification. Since the courses are flexible and mostly online, it’s simple and convenient to get your certification from anywhere in the world.
TEFL is also a top option if you’re hoping to break into the world of remote work, or are even looking for a side hustle! You can do this by opting to teach online which allows you to choose your own hours and work from anywhere.
As someone who has taken a TEFL Org course, I can certainly recommend them to anyone who’s interested. Even if you aren’t setting off immediately to travel and work, having a TEFL Org certification is an awesome tool to have in your back pocket to pull out whenever needed.
The TEFL Org Review: Our Verdict
Our verdict on The TEFL Org is to… JUST DO IT!
Even if you don’t have any experience teaching, teaching English as a foreign language is one of the best ways to travel and work abroad. That being said, you should have a passion for children and education going into a TEFL course as this is arguably the most important component of the job.
As you’ve seen in our TEFL Org review, their courses are simple to enroll in, easy to follow, and offer certifications that are valid across the entire world.
What’s more, you can complete the course from the comfort of your laptop (from bed if you want, we aren’t judging), making it a simple solution if you’re looking to increase your skills and open up global opportunities.
The thing is, a lot of people hesitate to invest in courses similar to this but what they don’t understand is once you complete the course, you are opening up so many new opportunities later on.
One of the awesome perks that come with doing your certification with a reputable company like TEFL Org is they go above and beyond to help students find placements and jobs to put their skills to work.
Overall, if you want to teach English abroad or work around the world but aren’t sure how, getting TEFL-certified with TEFL Org is one of the easiest and most reputable paths to take.
Looking for more articles on teaching abroad? Check out a few of our best ones
- Teaching English in Thailand: Top Tips and Advice
- Tips for Teaching English in Costa Rica
- Everything You Need to Know About Teaching English Abroad
Inspired? Pin it!