I am sat here today, giddy in excitement as I announce some pretty exciting news! Adventure in You is growing and we’re ready to hire an Associate Editor to join our team.
Although we already have an army of awesome VAs, writers, and even a Facebook Ads team, we want someone who can join our editorial team to help us keep growing our blog and producing awesome content.
Who We Are
Fueled by our mission to inspire people to create unforgettable travel memories, Adventure in You is a travel company created by travelers, for travelers.
Together, we are a collective of travel writers, adventurers, and entrepreneurs who create travel content based on personal experiences with the primary focus to help people help people create unforgettable travel memories.
We also run a Travel University where we help people profit from their passions. Whether it’s through blogging, photography, or travel videography, we aim to empower a new breed of travelers who are free to design their dream lifestyle all while pursuing something they love.
Adventure in You is one of the Top 15 Travel Blogs in the World, with over 500,000 monthly readers, and over 25,000 people in our email list.
Our mission is simple. We want to inspire people to do more and live their life to the fullest, so they can create unforgettable travel memories. Our team does this through the stories and visual content that we create, encouraging people to venture out to the unknown so they can create their own memories.
The Job: Associate Editor
Salary: Negotiable based on Experience
Adventure in You is looking for a badass associate editor with a passion for travel writing. You will be working closely with me (yay) in order to hit monthly traffic goals and grow our affiliate income in specific areas.
We are looking for someone who has WordPress experience who can plan, write, publish, and manage a team of writers all while meeting monthly KPIs to ensure the blog’s growth.
Although the job is fully remote, it is a full-time position.
Above all though, we are looking for someone who loves to experience new things and exudes the same amount of passion and excitement that we have for travel. In short, if the thought of new experiences, new cultures, food, and travel excites you to the core, you’re what we’re looking for.
- Strategizing and working on monthly focus together with the Editorial Director
- Manage & assign writing assignments to freelancers (This includes keyword research, communicating, answering questions, ensuring deadlines are met, providing article feedback, etc.)
- Edit, proofread, format and publish articles submitted by other writers. This will also include going through old articles that needs SEO revamps.
- Write articles based on the content plan.
- Manage guest post requests/ Find people who want to guest post.
- Link Building
- Strategize, monitor, and grow passive income streams (affiliate marketing)
- Schedule our social media content
Requirements and Qualifications
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills- in other words, you have to be a writing ninja!
- Leadership skills to effectively manage a team of writers or contributors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Time management skills with the capability to effectively prioritize and multitask.
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience with WordPress
- Good knowledge of photography basics plus Adobe Lightroom to ensure that photo quality on the website is maintained.
- Solid understanding of SEO, content marketing, and affiliate marketing. (Willingness to follow SOP and be trained in this area counts too!)
Additional Skills/ Programs Familiar With:
- Experience in Diving/ other adventurous activities is a plus too!
- Flexible hours
- Press Trips/ Travel Assignments
- Access to our database of courses for Personal Development (we have courses on Facebook advertising, blogging, copywriting, building a brand, etc)
- Free Travel products to review
- As a member of our team, you can also use the AIY brand to pitch for comped hotel stays, travel tours, and products that are in line with our brand during your travels. If you avail of this you have to follow our standards of writing 100% honest reviews. Our reader’s trust is everything to us.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this role, please click the big yellow button below which will take you to a Google Form. Please fill up the form with all the necessary details.
Only people with complete applications will be entertained! If we think it is a good fit, we will get in touch with you to schedule an interview. Hope to hear from you soon!
P.S. If you’re an avid scuba diver, let us know in the application! We have a few fun diving-related projects coming up.
Here are a few details just to give you an idea about this role.
We will be accepting applications until the end of February. We will then be scheduling interviews for the second and third week of March because we will be traveling around Japan during the first week of March.
The successful candidate will be hired by the last week of March, ready to begin training and work assignments by the 1st of April.
We are really excited about this job opening and hope to find someone that will easily fit in our company culture and brand. Again, if you or anyone you know would be perfect for this role, please hit us up!